Jordan did well at her MRI yesterday. As we suspected, the tumor has grown again. It was 11mm in March, 15mm in June and it is now estimated at 19mm. Most likely as a result of its increased size, we are also seeing swelling on the upper part of her spine. All of which tells us we must act.

Fortunately, the LA and Chicago-based oncology teams agree that we should hold off on surgery due to the risks. When Jordan returns from camp next week she will begin a new chemotherapy regimen. It’s somewhat experimental but early results with similar cases have been promising. We will try two cycles of this protocol and then see if it has slowed or reduced tumor growth. If it has, we’ll keep at it. If not, we’ll switch to another protocol.

Since we have elected against surgery, there’s really no reason for Jordan and I to travel to San Jose today, but she did not want to cancel a trip with Dad. So we’re headed up to visit some of the museums and spend a day together, just she and I. Tomorrow she heads to camp.

Written by Larry

Larry Vincent is Jordan Vincent's father. He is a writer, photographer and a branding executive who works at United Talent Agency in Los Angeles. He is the author of Brand Real and Legendary Brands and is currently at work on his first novel, Juliette, which is inspired by Jordan's Journey.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s